Course Assessment Result Component
The Course Assessment Result component lets you present the result of an assessment to the learner after completing an assessment.
This article provides an overview of the Course Assessment Result component, component setup and behavior, and examples of Course Assessment Result component configurations.
The Course Assessment Result is a presentation component used to display learners results from an assessment that has been set up in the Course Assessment extension page.
The Course Assessment Result component requires the course assessment extension to be enabled.
Component set up
Follow these steps to add the Course Assessment Result component to a Block:
- Click Add Component.
- Use the component search or scroll to find the Course Assessment Result component.
- Click the Course Assessment Result component and select Add Left, Add Full, or Add Right.
Click the Edit Component icon on the newly added Course Assessment Result component to begin set up.
In the General section:
Add Course Assessment Results Display Title, or a Course Assessment Results Display Title, as needed. Course Assessment Results Display Title is seen by learners.
Scroll down the page and add your Course Assessment Results Body. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
Add Course Assessment Results Instruction Text that tells learners how to use the component.
Include an Aria Label for screen readers, as needed.
Interaction Label section
In the Interaction Label section, you can enable an Interaction Label. The Interaction Label allows you to add a widget before or after the Course Assessment Result component that can display an icon and label prior to the Course Assessment Result component completion, which changes to a different icon and label once the Course Assessment Result component is completed.
- In the Behaviour section, toggle to enable Only Show Incomplete Feedback Until Assessment Complete. Enable this to only show the 'Results Screen - Incomplete Feedback Text' from the Course assessment extension until the course assessment is completed.
- Toggle to enable Always Show Retake Button. Enable this to always show the retake button even if the course assessment is not completed.
- Toggle to enable Scroll into View on Assessment Complete. When enabled, the Course Assessment Result component will scroll into view when the course assessment is completed.
Below are examples that illustrate the Course Assessment Result component setup:
Example 1 – displays the Course Assessment Result component dialog. This dialog shows when the course assessment is completed. From this dialog you can go directly to the Assessment page by clicking on the button "Assessment".
Example 2 – displays the Course Assessment Result component after the course assessment is completed. This examples shows the Assessment Overview and how this looks on an Evolve page.
Example 3 – displays the Assessment page with the Course Assessment Result. The Assessment Overview contains the following parts:
- Your score: In this example, all questions are answered correctly and the score is set to 100%.
- Assessment Progress: This shows a percentage of how much of the assessment was performed. In this example, it is 100%.
- Questions Correct: Shows the number of correct answered questions and the total number of questions. In this example, 3 of 3 questions are answered correctly.
- Average Attempts taken: This shows the total number of question attempts divided by the number of questions.
Example 4 – shows the final part of the Assessment page, which is the Breakdown of the Course Assessment Results component. Attempts taken shows the number of attempts for the particular assessment question.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.