The Intellum Platform makes it easy to build and manage a diverse user audience. You can manually create a new user from the admin interface at any time.
This article walks you through creating a new user in the platform and provides an an overview of the editable user properties available when manually adding a new user to your account.
Create a new user
Follow these steps to manually create a new user:
- Navigate to Users in the admin nav panel.
- Click New User.
- Add all relevant user profile information. Fields with an asterisk are required for a user account to be created.
- Click Create user.
Edit new user properties
On the Create New User page, you will see all of the editable User property fields separated into four areas:
An asterisk after a field name signifies a required field . Mouse over a field names to see a tool tip regarding whether a field is required or optional.
- Status - this box is checked by default to make this User active in the system.
- Login - a User's login, or username, allows a User to log into the system.
- Password - the User's password.
- Require Reset - if you want the User to change their password the next time they log in, check this box.
- Description - a description of the User.
- First Name - the User's first name.
- Last Name - the User's last name.
- Timezone - the time zone that the User is based in.
- Preferred Language - this is the language that is set for the User by default based on their location. This impacts what language all system text in the LMS will be displayed in, as well as which activities Users can see in the catalog. Although a User may change their language through a menu in the footer of the User interface, their preference can be set with this function.
- Email - the email address of the User. All letters to the User will be sent to this address.
- Company - the company name the User works for.
- Profile URL - if public profiles are active on the account and the User has made their profile public, this field carries the unique URL extension for the user's profile. (e.g. https:// youraccount.exceedlms.com/profiles/ProfileURL)
- Code - a unique identifier for this User.
- User Authority - from the dropdown list, choose Student, Restricted Admin, or Unrestricted Admin.
- Hired on - the date this User was hired.
- Rehired on - the last date this User was rehired.
- Position - choose one of the available position options from the pop-up box. You can create or edit positions from the Positions tab in the left navigation menu.
- Manager - from the pop-up box, choose another User in the system who is this User's manager or supervisor.
- Organization - Assign this User to an existing branding organization via the dropdown.
The Contact fields are self-explanatory and are comprised of the following, Work Phone, Mobile Phone, Fax, Home Phone, Address One, Address Two, City, State/Province/Region, Zip/Postal Code, Country.
Other user properties
After editing the new user's properties and creating the user, you will be directed to the Properties page for that user.
All of the fields present during User creation are visible, as well as some additional ones:
Profile Image - at the top of the page, you can upload a profile picture for the User, although this is typically done by the User on their Profile page.
Letter Log History - click this button to be taken to a page listing that shows the letters that have been sent to this User.
Login as this User - if this User is not an Unrestricted Admin, an Unrestricted Admin can log into the system under their account by clicking this button. *Note: you will be logged out of your account if you do so.
Memberships - at the bottom of the page, you can add this User to any existing manually-defined groups by clicking the Add a Group Membership button and choosing from the available manual groups.
Restricted Admin Permissions - if this User is a Restricted Admin, all of their permissions can be set in this section of User Properties.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.