Account Settings lets you control many of the core experience components of your learning site. While typically set up during implementation, it's good to revisit and review your Account Settings to modify, edit, or enable features. Acting as the central hub of the Intellum platform, Account Settings lets you:
- Manage Supported Language Locales
- Find your API key and access API Documentation
- Edit custom Fields
- Change User Profile Fields
- Upload a default Award Badge
- Set up a Google Analytics Integration
- Adjust Social apps properties
This article covers accessing your Account Settings and gives you a breakdown of the many settings accessible to unrestricted admins.
Access Account Settings
Account Settings are accessible to unrestricted admins via the Settings tab in the expanded admin navigation.
Settings Page | Overview
As the name suggests, Settings gives you access to - and control of - your general account settings.
The Settings page is broken down into the following sections:
- User Profile
General Account Settings
- Name: Edit the name of your account as needed. This name will be included in the letters and notifications sent from the Intellum platform to your learners as the 'reply-to' address. Any change here will reflect in all emails sent out on the account across all Organizations.
- Reply-to Address: Enter email addresses (separated by commas) for use in outbound emails. If you enter multiple reply-to addresses in this field, they will be available for selection on a per-activity basis. The first address in the list will be used as the default if a reply-to address is not set on an activity.
- Activate Additional Supported Locales: Choose which locales are available in your account. By default, all languages are enabled, so you will need to uncheck those languages you do not wish to support.
Intellum translates the static fields and labels it displays through the user interface. When it comes to content, you can add and identify locale-specific content that will display based on the language preference of the learner.
- SFTP Access: If you would like to setup nightly report exports or recurring integrations, you will need to enable SFTP access to your account. Click the Activate SFTP Access button to activate SFTP account access. A SFTP host name will display, along with a login name and password. To regenerate the password, click the Regenerate password button. To deactivate SFTP access, click the Deactivate SFTP Access button.
The Fields section lets you define custom data fields that can be added to your User, Activity, and Activity Session Properties. Once created, fields can be populated through the platform UI or via platform integration. Plus, custom data can be reported through the custom reports functionality.
Learn more about Fields:
The User Profile section gives you access to control user account profile access and experience for your users.
Public Profile Prompt
The Public Profile toggle on a user profile makes a profile visible to unregistered users via the profile's URL. This field gives admins the option to enter a prompt that learners must accept before enabling a public profile. An example prompt could read: Are you sure you want users who are not logged in to see your profile? You can enter a separate prompt for each locale in your account.
User Profile URL
This drop-down gives you the option to select the schema used for User Profile URLs in your account:
- Default: URL scheme uses the user's full name paired with 8 random hex characters
- UUID: URL scheme uses 32 random hex characters
Awards are generated through HTML-based templates that can be customized and branded for your audience. An Award Template serves as the background imagery for your Award celebrations, personalizing each learning achievement.
- Click the Create New Template button.
- Add a Name for your new Award Template.
- Upload Top and Bottom Background Images for the template. At least one image is required.
- Images must be PNG or JPG format with a width of 2550 pixels and a height of no more than 3300 pixels. A top or bottom image must be uploaded to create an Award Template. Once created, that award template can be used for any activity.
- Upload your images to create your new Award Template.
- Click Save.
Your Award Template can now be used with any activity in the platform.
Learn more about Awards:
Awards | Admin Overview
If you'd like to run Google Analytics on your account site, enter your Google Analytics code here.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app.
Connect your Stripe account to enable activity purchases. E-commerce options can be set per activity in the Activity Properties.
Learn more about E-commerce options:
Activity Purchases: Stripe
The Social section lets you define properties for the Chat, Groups, and Community apps. You can determine which users have access to these apps, control if users can create chats and groups, and add moderators to oversee user-to-user interactions.
Learn more about Social:
Intellum Social App Settings
You can access your Organizations and add new ones through the Account Settings page. Organizations let you craft customized learning experiences for all - or portions of - your learning audiences. An Organization gives you granular control of the user experience - including registration, navigation, Catalog layout, and more - putting the right learning content front and center for any learning audience.
Learn more about Organizations:
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.