The Intellum Platform lets you add and define custom fields on user, activity and event records. Once created, custom fields can be populated through the platform or via platform integration. The data from custom fields can even be reported on through the custom reports functionality.
Unrestricted administrators are able to create, edit, and maintain custom fields through the Settings tab in the left navigation menu.
This article covers adding a custom field and defining the custom field details and type.
Add & define custom fields
Unrestricted administrators can add, edit, and manage custom fields through the Settings tab in the expanded left navigation menu.
On the Custom Fields page, three tabs give you access to admin-definable custom fields for Users, Activities, and Events. Each tab has enough properties to define 10 unique Custom Fields. Once added, custom fields appear within the Custom section of User, Activity, and Event Properties.
- To add a custom field, select the first unused field in the appropriate section. The dropdown field to the right allows you to select one of the following field types:
- Inactive Default setting for all Custom Fields.
- Text field Adds a blank text entry field.
- Check box - Adds a checkbox that can be selected or deselected.
- Drop down - Adds a drop-down menu with options defined using comma-separated values.
- Radio buttons - Adds radio buttons with options defined using comma-separated values.
2. Once you've selected a field type, you can give the field a name and define any comma-separated values for the field.
3. Click Save Changes when done editing fields.
Example | Custom user field setup
Here's an example of the Drop down and Check box Field Types defined within the Users tab:
And here's how those fields look on the user Properties page:
When you add custom fields, the data captured by those fields can be included in reports, or used to filter reports.
Custom field data for activities and events works the exact same way.
Localized custom user fields
The Intellum platform supports localized custom user fields. This means that for accounts with multiple locales, it is possible to create and enter translation custom fields for selected locales on the User Fields menu.
Things to Note
This feature ability currently applies to custom user fields only.
If a localized custom field has not been created, Intellum’s system will default to English translations.
In the admin dashboard, only one locale can be translated at one time.
To add translations for specific locales, follow the steps below:
Navigate to your admin Settings > Custom Fields.
Click User Fields.
Select your locale from the drop-down menu.
Enter translations for Field Name and Field Values areas as needed.
Learners with locales selected on their profile will see the translated label in their language when accessing the registration page or profile page.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.