Activity localization lets you quickly create locale-specific, or localized, versions of a learning activity for the languages you support. Localized versions are created as children of the parent activity they are based on and feature a subset of activity properties available for content translation.
This article walks you through adding a localized version of an activity and gives an overview of managing localized versions in the platform.
Things to Note:
- Activity localization is enabled for Versioning accounts with at least one active locale.
- While scheduled activities are supported in localization workflows, events connected to a scheduled activity are not currently supported.
Add a Localized Version of an Activity
The locale drop-down menu in the versioning header gives you the option to add a localized version of an activity.
You can create a localized version of an activity for each active language locale in your account.
Follow these steps to create a localized version of an activity:
- Open the locale drop-down menu in the versioning header.
- Select Add New Locale.
- Select an active locale from the locales list.
- Click Add Locale.
- A localized version of the activity is created and ready to be translated.
Manage Locale-Specific Versions
When you create a localized version of an activity, a parent-child relationship is created between the original, parent locale and a localized version, or child locale.
Select the locale drop-down if you need to return to the original, parent locale or to switch a different child locale.
Each child locale can be managed independently in the versioning workflow. Meaning each child locale is created as a Draft activity that can be published independently of the original, parent locale.
Once a child locale is added, the original Parent locale gives you the option to bulk publish updates to multiple locales.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.