Account Settings let you control many of the core experience components of your learning site. While typically set up during implementation, it's good to revisit and review your Account Settings to modify, edit, or enable features. Acting as the central hub of the Intellum platform, Account Settings lets you:
- Manage Supported Language Locales
- Find your API key and access API Documentation
- Edit Custom Fields
- Change User Profile Fields
- Upload a default Award Badge
- Set up a Google Analytics Integration
This article covers accessing your Account Settings and gives you a breakdown of the many settings accessible to Unrestricted Admin.
Access Account Settings
Account Settings are accessible to Unrestricted Admin via the Settings tab in the expanded admin navigation.
Settings Page | Overview
As the name suggests,Settings gives you access to - and control of - your general account settings.
The Settings page is broken down into the following sections:
- Custom Fields
- User Profile
General Account Settings
- Edit the name of your account as needed.
- Enter email addresses (separated by commas) for use in outbound emails. If you enter multiple reply-to addresses in this field they will be available for selection on a per-activity basis. The first address in the list will be used as the default if a reply-to address is not set on an activity.
Activate Additional Supported Locales
- Choose which locales are available in your account. By default, all languages are enabled, so you will need to uncheck those languages you do not wish to support.
Intellum translates the static fields and labels it displays through the user interface. When it comes to content, you can add and identify locale-specific content that will display based on the language preference of the learner.
- If you'd like to use our restful interface as well as single sign-on (SSO) capabilities, use the API key in the text field when issuing API requests. If you'd like to disable API write requests, click the *Disable API write requests button.
- If you would like to setup nightly report exports or recurring integrations, you will need to enable FTP access to your account. Click the Activate FTP access button to activate both FTPS and SFTP account access. Host names for both FTP types will display, along with a login name and password. To regenerate the password, click the Regenerate password button. To deactivate FTP access, click the Deactivate FTP access button.
The Custom Fields section let you define custom data fields that can be added to your User, Activity, and Activity Session Properties. Once created, Custom Fields can be populated through the platform UI or via platform integration. Plus, custom data can be reported through the custom reports functionality.
Learn more about Custom Fields:
Defining Custom Fields on Users and Activities
The Intellum platform eases the process of helping you define the Custom Fields for Users, Activities and Activity sessions. Once created, Custom Fields can be populated through the platform or via platform integration. Plus, it can be reported through the custom reports functionality. This article covers adding a Custom Field and defining the Custom Field details and type.
The User Profile section gives you access to control user account profile access and experience for your users.
Allow User Profile Editing
Checking the Allow user profile editing box allows learners to edit fields on their user profile. When checked, you'll see a list of available user profile fields.
User Profile Fields
Each available user profile field has radio buttons for Inactive, Required and Optional (if the field isn't a required field when displayed).
Inactive means the learner doesn't have access to view/edit the field. Admin can access all user profile fields via User Properties.
Public Profile Prompt
The Public Profile toggle on a user profile makes a profile visible to unregistered users via the profile's URL.This field gives admin the option to enter a prompt that learners must accept before enabling a public profile. An example prompt could read: Are you sure you want users who are not logged in to see your profile? You can enter a separate prompt for each locale in your account.
User Profile URL
This drop-down gives you the option to select the schema used for User Profile URLs in your account:
- Default URL scheme uses the user's full name paired with 8 random hex characters
- UUID URL scheme uses 32 random hex characters
Awards are generated through HTML-based templates that can be customized and branded for your audience. An Award Template serves as the background imagery for your Award celebrations, personalizing each learning achievement.
- Click the Create New Template button.
- Add a Name for your new Award Template.
- Upload Top and Bottom Background Images for the template. At least one image is required.
- Images must be PNG or JPG format with a width of 2550 pixels and a height of no more than 3300 pixels. A top or bottom image must be uploaded to create an Award Template. Once created, that award template can be used for any Activity.
- Upload your images to create your new Award Template.
- Click Save.
Your Award Template can now be used with any Activity in the platform
Learn more about Awards:
Awards | Admin Overview
If you'd like to run Google Analytics on your account site, enter your Google Analytics code here.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app.
Connect your Stripe account to enable Activity purchases. E-commerce options can be set per Activity in the Activity Properties.
You can access your Organizations and add new ones through the Account Settings page. Organizations let you craft customized learning experiences for all - or portions of - your learning audiences. An Organization gives you granular control of the user experience - including registration, navigation, Catalog layout, and more - putting the right learning content front and center for any learning audience.
Learn more about Organizations:
Organizations | Admin Overview