Tribe is a secure, invitation-only, social media app with features that encourage connections between your users. Tribe gives your learning audiences space to ask questions and share ideas - or articles, photos, videos, favorite new music - we could go on...
Tribe takes an intuitive approach to helping your organization pull back on the distraction and security issues present in other social media platforms.
Build company culture, spark ideas and create better connections and experiences for your audiences seamlessly- from your desktop, laptop or mobile device with Tribe and the Tribe mobile app.
Enable Tribe Access
Tribe is an application that can be added to your account in the Intellum learning platform. Contact your Customer Success Manager or an Intellum representative to learn how to add Tribe to your learning environment.
Access a Tribe Organization
With Tribe enabled on your account, each Organization in your Intellum account is given a dedicated Tribe URL that defines and manages access for that specific audience.
Unrestricted admin in the platform can find the specific URL for each Tribe Organization in the External Application section of Organization Properties - as seen below:
Tribe Organization Settings
- Tribe Organization Settings let you customize Tribe at the top level - giving you control of default branding elements, verified domains for content sharing, Organization Owner assignment, and more.
General Settings provides control of each Tribe Organization's details:
- Name - displays the Tribe Organization name.
- Subdomain - an identifier at the end of the login URL
- Google Analytics - Place a Google Analytics ID here to push data from Tribe into your Google Analytics account.
- Sticky Note - a note added here will display at the top of the feed.
- Disclaimer - any text entered here is displayed in the Settings window for each Group
- Shows you a list of all Groups currently included in the Tribe Organization - and gives you the option to create a new Group. Click on any Group name to be linked directly to that Group's feed.
- A listing of the members from all Groups within the Tribe Organization. Users will not appear in the Members tab until they successfully log in.
- A breakdown of analytics related to the Tribe Organization, including:
Visits per User
Activities per User
Comments per User
The Timeframe filter at the top right gives you the option to select or define a custom window for the above data.
Tribe User Roles
Tribe features two administrative roles and a general user role:
- The top-level administrative role in Tribe. You can assign multiple users to this role. Organization Owners can create new Groups and manage all Groups tied to a Tribe Organization.
- Group Owners manage specific Groups within a Tribe Organization.
- Group Owners do not have access to make changes to, or add new, Groups to a Tribe Organization.
- Group Members in Tribe have no administrative access, but participate by creating posts, adding comments to posts, bumping posts, or sharing content in Tribe.
Create New Groups and Add Users
Organization Owners create new Groups through the Organization Admin menu. To access, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Tribe.
- Use the menu icon at the top-left of the screen to access Tribe options.
- Click the Organization Admin button.
- Click on Groups.
- Click Create a new Group.
When you create a new Group, you are asked to define the Membership Mode for that Group - this determines how users are added to the Group and how the Group's membership is managed:
Users are be added via a Group invite link; the link can be emailed or posted for users to follow and join.
- Users are mapped based on an existing Group membership in the Intellum platform. Intellum groups are added through a Tribe Organization's Properties - by an Organization Owner. Users may need to log out and log back in to Tribe be able to see the new Group.
When users are added to a Tribe Group, they can then access Tribe through the Apps Launcher.
As an Organization Owner, you have access to the Members, Properties, Analytics, and Flagged content of every Group within your Tribe Organization. As a Group Owner, you have access to these items for only the Groups you've been assigned to.
- A listing of the members of a Group - if the Group's membership mode was set to Invite Only, you'll find the invite link in the Members tab.
Note: users do not appear in a Group's Members tab until they successfully log in to Tribe for the first time.
A Group's Properties give you access to:
- Upload or Update the Group's Icon - visible to user in the streams list
- Upload or Update the Group's Cover Image - visible to user on the Tribe Activities page.
- Name - the Group's name
- Description - a short summary of the Group's purpose or focus
- Sticky Note - a note pinned to the top of a Group's feed
- Posting Restrictions
- Enable the Only Owners property to restrict new posts to Group Owners. Group Members can comment on posts, but have no access to create new posts.
- Hide Activities - If enabled, activities that are older than the defined time period will no longer be accessible in the feed.
- Delete Activities - If enabled, activities that are older than the defined time period will be permenantly deleted.
- Review, or add new, Owners to the Group.
- Set the default notification settings for new users in the Group. Default settings can be:
- Do not send emails
- Weekly summaries
- Daily summaries
- Comments only
- Activities & Comments
Click Save when you make changes to any Properties in Tribe.
- A visual breakdown of analytics related to a Group in Tribe, including:
Number of Visits
Number of Activities
Number of Comments
Top 10 Most Active Users
Top 10 Trending Topics
User Activity Graph
The filter at the top right gives you the option to select or define a custom timeframe window for displaying the above data.
- If any Activities, Comments, or Answers have been flagged by users, the corresponding content will appear here alongside the name of the user who flagged it.
Learn more about Tribe:
Tribe | User Experience