We've extended the reach of your platform notifications with the Intellum app for Slack. With the Intellum app added, learners receive platform-powered notifications directly in Slack and can ping Intellum using a Slack shortcut to check in on the learning content in their Plan.
This article covers the platform setup required to connect to a Slack workspace, how unrestricted admin add the Intellum app to a Slack workspace through account Settings, and the process learners follow to authorize the Intellum app through their user profile.
Connecting the Intellum app to your shared Slack workspace is a two-step process. First, an unrestricted admin connects the workspace to the Intellum platform at the Account level. Once the workspace is connected by an admin, learners can then add the Intellum app by authorizing Slack through the Integrations tab in their user profile.
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- A shared Slack workspace.
- The Notifications feature must be enabled on your Intellum account. Learn more about Notifications in the platform.
- Contact your customer success manager or an Intellum representative for info on enabling notifications.
- Leaners must have access to the Plan page to use the Slack shortcut for Plan information. Learn more about the Plan page.
Admin Experience | Connect Slack to Intellum
- Navigate to the Settings tab in the expanded Admin menu.
- Select the Apps tab in the Account menu.
- Click the Connect a Slack Account button.
- If you're already signed in to your Slack workspace... you'll be asked to authorize the Intellum app.
- If you're not signed in to your Slack workspace...you'll be asked to sign into the workspace before authorizing the Intellum app.
Click Authorize to add the Intellum app to your Slack workspace.
Launch Slack and you'll find the Intellum app added to the Apps section of your Slack workspace directory.
Your learners can now add the Intellum app to Slack through their user profile.
Learner Experience | Add Intellum App to Slack
Navigate to My Profile.
Click the Edit my Profile link.
Click on the Integrations tab.
Click the Add to Slack button.
- If a learner is already signed in to your Slack workspace... they'll be asked to authorize the Intellum app.
- If a learner is not signed in to your Slack workspace...they'll be asked to sign into the workspace before authorizing the Intellum app.
Click Authorize to add the Intellum app to the Slack workspace.
Learners can now launch Slack and find the Intellum app added to the Apps section of their Slack workspace directory.
Your learners will now receive all Intellum-powered notifications through the Intellum app in Slack and can connect to their Plan page using the Slack shortcut /Intellum plan .